Richard Mille has unveiled a new watch. The Swiss watchmaker is no stranger to creating memorable, distinctive timepieces, and his latest one is no different. The RM 72-01 Lifestyle In-House Chronograph is innovative, performance-driven, and described as “poised at the intersection between Haute Horlogerie, dance, and music”. Here is everything you need to know about Mille’s latest icon.
1. The RM 72-01 is the first watch of Richard Mille’s to be equipped with a flyback chronograph that has been designed, developed, and assembled in-house from start to finish.
2. It took over 30-months of work to develop this creation.
3. The RM 72-01 keeps perfect time, emphasizing numbers three, eight, and eleven with a rhythm and beat used to measure the time.
4. The colored hands move in synchronized harmony within three timescales (blue for small seconds, orange for minutes, and green for hours), and are all orchestrated by a six-position column wheel.
5. The watch is armed with the automatic Calibre CRMC1 and boasts a power reserve lasting around 50 hours, regardless of whether the chronograph is running. Its two chronograph pushers are fitted with uniform trigger pressure, meaning they require the exact amount of force to activate the various different functions.
To launch the new RM 72-01 Lifestyle In-House Chronography, Mille worked with two of its brand ambassadors, Benjamin Millepied and Thomas Roussel to create a poignant short film, Within, dedicated to Mille’s new creation. “I like the idea of playing with time and space, of approaching these infinite landscapes interpreted with a very contemporary feel,” stated choreographer and brand ambassador, Benjamin Millepied. Composer Thomas Roussel, also explained, “I like the idea of playing with time and space, of approaching these infinite landscapes interpreted with a very contemporary feel.”
View this post on Instagram
Accelerations, repetitions and breath-like motions of clocks constitute the pulse of living, dancing and sonorous artworks, the underlying rhythms of our life force. Expression of raw human energy, W I T H I N reveals this vision of time to create watches, a point where art and perfection meet. #RichardMille