Despite the relaxation of the lockdown measures across Dubai in the past week, it’s still essential that we remain vigilant and keep doing our bit to combat the spread of Covid-19. Here’s what you need to keep top of mind:
1. Face masks are still a must
You must wear a protective face mask all times whenever you’re outside your home. Any violation of this rule could mean up to a Dhs1,000 fine.
2. Permits have been relaxed but there are still some guidelines in place
Dubai residents can leave their homes between the hours of 6am and 10pm without a permit. We are still only being advised to leave for essentials and exercise, though.
3. The National Sterilisation Programme is still ongoing
The program has been deemed a great success until now and continues for the foreseeable between the hours of 10pm to 6am. Residents must not leave their homes during these hours when the programme is still happening.
4. Transport links are back up and running
Since April 26 the public has been able to use the Dubai Metro, buses, and taxis. All members of the public must adhere to strict social-distancing measures at all times however including wearing masks. Paid parking has also been reinstated across the city.
5. 30% of Staff can resume work for certain sectors
30% of staff are permitted to get back to Dubai’s offices and workplaces so long as strict sanitary measures are followed. The remaining 70% is to continue working remotely from home.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) April 28, 2020
6. Outdoor exercise is allowed again
Dubai residents can now leave the house between 6am and 10pm to allow for a one to two-hour window of exercise. This must be with members of your family only though and with no more than three people at any one time. Masks must be also worn during these times.
7. Small scale social gatherings with family are allowed
In line with the Holy Month starting at the beginning of this week, it was announced that small social gatherings between family members would be permitted. This, however, should include no more than five people in any one gathering at a time. If families are reuniting, social distancing (such as no hugging and hand-shaking) is still advisable.
8. Shopping malls re-open
The major malls have opened again from midday until 10pm. Again there’s a 30% capacity on this and at the moment children aged between 3 to 12, or adults aged 60 and above, are not permitted to enter.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) April 25, 2020
9. Bars and restaurants begin re-opening
Many of Dubai’s bars and restaurants have begun to gradually open their doors, however there is a strict 30 per cent capacity rule that must be adhered to and guests must be seated on tables two meters apart.
10. Barbershops take bookings
Many of Dubai’s beloved barbershops and beauty salons are open again but for hair and nail services only. No walk-in’s are permitted and bookings should all be made in advance. Again, strict social distancing rules must be adhered to at all times. Overall, stay smart and stay safe.
11. Meraas opens up access to public areas
As of Tuesday, April 28, residents can now visit Boxpark, Al Seef, Bluewaters, City Walk, Kite Beach, La Mer, The Beach, The Outlet Village and all Last Exit destinations excluding Al Qudra. During the first reopening phase, Meraas destinations will operate during revised hours of 12pm to 10pm and visitors can only be at any one given destination for a maximum of three hours at a time.
View this post on Instagram
We are ready to have you with us again. Our priority is keeping our staff and our visitors safe. Before you visit, we ask that you are aware of all the latest social distancing instructions and that you follow the new rules and processes we’ve implemented across our destinations. To learn more visit the link in bio. Thank you for your cooperation! على أتم الاستعداد لاستقبالكم مجدداً. أولويتنا هي الحفاظ على سلامة الزوّار والموظفين. لذلك نطلب من جميع الزوار أن يكونوا على دراية بآخر إرشادات التباعد الاجتماعي، واتباع القواعد والإجراءات التي نطبقها قبل الزيارة. شكراً لتعاونكم #Meraas #MeraasDubai #SocialDistance #BeSafe #مراس #مراس_دبي